I am submitting my statement of interest to stand for the position of Director, APO Constituency.
My focus, should I be granted the honor of serving the AASUA membership, would be to engage in further building an active and engaged APO community on campus.
I am a natural collaborator and my strength is building on best practices. Additionally, I would continue to collaborate with the outgoing Director to build on the member engagement work by continuing to hold APO Committee meetings. It is my belief that this will help build a stronger foundation and enable the committee to consider future developments and successful outcomes.
Of course, nothing can prepare us for major events such as a pandemic. Currently, we just need to focus on providing support to each other. This will require planning, organizing, setting goals, and reviewing processes to seek out more efficient and effective methods.
I believe that I have the knowledge and the experience to support multiple areas and teams and am truly excited about sharing ideas, experiences and supporting a broad representation for this constituency.
- Over 20 years of senior human resource, finance, graduate, undergraduate and program administration experience at the University of Alberta
- Completed the University Management Program and Integrated Planning and Budgeting, with the University of Manitoba.
- Other more recent professional development opportunities at the University of Alberta include; Academic Leadership Development Programs, Management Series, Facilitative Leadership, and Deepening Facilitative Capacity and currently part of the Gold College cohort.
- Prior to my position with the Department of Art & Design, I served as the Assistant Director, Administration for Interdisciplinary Studies (15 years) & Community Service-Learning (5 years). I have also been seconded to Political Science (3 months) and History & Classics (14 months).
- From 1999 to 2004, I was employed with the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Department of Biological Sciences
- Additional professional activities include current memberships to APO Committee, Position Evaluation Process Panel (PEPP), CAUBO, NASPA and CACUSS and being a member of the coordination team for CAUBO building on Academic Administration.