Join us in front of the Alberta Legislature (10800 97 Ave NW) on Thursday, March 4 from 4:30 to 5:30 pm for a sidewalk chalk and photo action to say, "Stop PSE Cuts!"
- Chalk will be provided for you to write messages at the legislature.
- Our group will be there from 4:30 - 5:30, so come any time between then!
- Cole from NASA and Kristine Smitka from AASUA will be there to direct you at the front of the legislature near the fountains for best places to chalk.
- We will be writing down the slogans “Working Conditions are Learning Conditions” and “Support Our Colleges and Universities” with the hashtag #stoppsecuts, and writing down our website stoppsecuts.ca.
- Write in visible print with large font and bright colours!
- Feel free to bring your family and friends to help you!
- Take a picture of your work or a selfie, post it on social media, and tag Demetrios Nicolades and @UnionNASA. Please include the hashtag #stoppsecuts
- Limited paid parking is available along 99th Avenue in front of Capital Plaza. Free two-hour parking is available along 107th Street between 98th and 99th avenues, east of the Government Centre Transit Centre.
- Dress accordingly to the weather and wear a mask - it's supposed to be three degrees on Thursday! ☀
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be provided if you do not bring your own.
- Maintain six feet distance from passersby and other attendees.
- Follow and obey all applicable laws, bylaws, and traffic laws.
For any questions or concerns, please call Cole from NASA at (780) 886-5818
Please let us know if you're coming: